Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Save the Environment
· Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to save the planet.
· Help us capture for environmental nonprofits – or other causes you care about –some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
· Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team, and become a leader among those who care for the same causes as you do.
· Help us grow a movement to facilitate and encourage a new type of meaningful giving through direct engagement of nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, and celebrities.
· Work from our Manhattan office or remotely.
· Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter of recommendation.
The New York Times called ChangingThePresent.org an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our work in helping 400 leading nonprofits capture money normally spent on traditional presents.
Americans spend $450 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents. Most of those presents are not very rewarding. Tons of sweaters, fuzzy slippers, and ties end up in the dark corners of our closets representing nothing but a waste of money and resources.
It is no surprise that a growing number of people, who seek meaning more than “stuff,” are starting to show their love by donating in a friend’s name in lieu of giving traditional presents.
However, it is simply too daunting to provide the requisite gift-like experience (tangible charitable gifts, wish lists and registries, and personalized printed greeting cards) that can make a donation feel like a rewarding gift.
ChangingThePresent.org provides those tools to facilitate this type of giving for nonprofits and donors. We are about to take it to the next level. That involves expanding from the initial 400 organizations to invite all 1.1 million nonprofits; adding additional causes and categories.
We are also launching an online community to engage and empower college/university students to green their schools and communities.
Imagine the impact we can make together!
Focus on the Environment
We need environmental interns for a wide range of activities. Use and enhance your professional skills in strategy, partnerships, communications, writing, blogging, social media, graphics, research, community management, fundraising, sponsorships, public relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, and activism.
You can focus on your favorite cause, or category (religion, ethnic, city, or country)
We are also recruiting interns for every cause, so please share this with your friends. That includes:
Animals, Bullying, Cancer, Children, Education, Global Health, Climate Change, HIV and AIDS, Homel;e, Human Rights, Human Trafficking and Slavery, Hunger, Mental Health, Refugees, Sexual Abuse, STEM Education, Veterans, Water, Women And Girls, Youth Sports, etc.
A Great Place to Work
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than forty countries. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
· We are glad to hear from high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make a meaningful impact with their skills. We also welcome OPT students.
· Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan. (Catch a game or concert after work.)
· Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
· We provide a great opportunity to gain experience as you make a meaningful change in the world, but this is an unpaid position.
Learn More and Apply Now
For more information, please see the illustrated presentation at
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference?
Send a resume and short cover letter to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.
Please let us know:
· how you can help
· what causes you are passionate about
· whether you would like to work from our office or remotely
· when you are available (dates, days, and hours).