EOAS Faculty Positions
The Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science department at Florida State University invites applications for the following tenure-track faculty positions:
- Assistant Professor Position in Atmospheric Science – in the area of cloud microphysics, aerosols, and their impacts on weather, climate, and the environment.The research areas of interest include, but are not limited to, clouds and aerosols, their interactions with each other, representations in models, and impacts on atmospheric radiation, tropical cyclones, extreme weather, atmospheric chemistry, air quality, and the environment.
- Assistant Professor Position in Earth-Life Interactions – The ideal candidate will investigate the coevolution of life and environment with potential interests in planetary habitability of Earth and exoplanets, biosignatures for life (radiations and extinctions), and implications for modern climate change. Research areas of interest include but are not limited to: paleobiology, geobiology, extinction dynamics, paleoecology, paleontology, biotic responses to global change, geomicrobiology, and biogeochemistry.
- Assistant Professor Position in Aqueous Trace Element Biogeochemisty/Chemical Oceanographer – The ideal candidate will examine the role of trace elements in the oceans or other aquatic environments, the biogeochemical reactions controlling elemental cycles, and/or their impact on the biosphere as toxins. This research may include but is not limited to air-sea interactions, water-column, bottom waters, and/or pore fluids.
- Assistant Professor Position in Geomorphology The ideal candidate should have a strong background in investigating the coupling and feedback among the processes (physical, chemical, biological, climatic, and/or anthropogenic) that shape and modify the Earth and planetary surfaces across temporal and spatial scales ranging between micro to macro scales. Research investigations into geomorphic processes of interest might include but are not limited to: coastal, fluvial, slope, lacustrine, karst, and dynamic geomorphology.
- Assistant Professor Position in Large-Scale Dynamical Oceanography The ideal candidate should have a solid background in addressing fundamental research questions about the functioning of the ocean from regional to climate settings. Applications from those skilled in observational analyses, measurements, modeling, theory and/or interdisciplinary investigations will be particularly welcomed.
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu . If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita. Please upload all documents to a single pdf file including a Cover Letter, CV or Vita, Statement of Teaching and Research, and contact information for three references.
EOAS Staff Positions
The Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science department at Florida State University has the following staff positions open:
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
- Business Associate – Purchasing: This position serves as a Purchasing Representative for the Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science (EOAS) department handling the day to day administration of purchasing transaction functions. Position also assists with travel and receptionist functions as needed based on the departmental demand within EOAS. Job ID 50223
Outside Employment Opportunities